Mediation Awareness Group (MAG) is a not for profit organisation, established by a group of professional mediators to:
- Promote awareness of the benefits of mediation to the wider community, including people and organisations that represent businesses, professions and community interests.
- Organise and deliver Mediation Awareness Week in October each year, comprising informative and educational events about mediation in every dispute resolution sector, legal jurisdiction and geographical region of the UK.
- Inform and engage with potential users of mediation (people and organisations) about the process, its outcomes and its benefits.
- Support and promote collaboration between the UK’s professional mediation institutions in each sector, in the interests of working towards a unified mediation profession.
- Provide a source of up to date information throughout the year on all sectors of the mediation profession, including educational events, publications, digital media, and how to find a suitable mediator.
MAG’s founder members are:
John Allison (Chair)
The Rt Hon Sir Alan Ward
About Mediation Awareness Week
For Mediation Awareness Week 2018, the week from Saturday 6th October to Friday 12th October is selected to avoid half term school holidays in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The launch event is London Mediators Day – a grass roots mediation conference with a community flavour.
Events are organised by mediation service providers, academic and professional institutions and regulatory bodies that have a common interest in increasing public awareness of the benefits of choosing Mediation as the first port of call when seeking to avoid or resolve a dispute or source of conflict that would otherwise involve legal proceedings or some form of statutory intervention.